Selling Your Home Yourself?
Many people don't realize that selling a home is a complicated, time consuming process. With numerous factors to consider such as open houses, advertising, pricing, negotiating and handling the numerous kind of inquiries, it can be very exhausting and even worse - unfruitful. Many homeowners report the familiar grief after an open house: "I got lots of people, but most were just looking." "They wanted it for a song."
You may be thinking, "Why would I need a real estate agent to sell my home?" Let me give you just a few of the key reasons why a For Sale By Owner (FSBO) needs my help:
1. Without working day in and day out in the real estate market it is quite unlikely that a FSBO will have complete understanding about pricing. Often a seller is forced to reduce the price and may have to accept less money for the home than the seller would have received had he/she started at the right price. When I go to work with you I ensure you will receive the most current market stats along with a thorough market analysis report to GUARANTEE your home is in a solid market position. I will sell your home FAST and for TOP DOLLAR.
2. A property depreciates the longer it is on the market. Many owners fail to take advantage of this excitement by limiting the market to their immediate contacts and advertising. I ensure your home is advertised 24 hours a day until it's sold.
3. The two most common people who prey on FSBO's are:
a) Investors & Bargain Hunters : These people who are looking to capitalize on a FSBO'S lack of negotiating experience and market knowledge to score their next deal. Any time a buyer doesn't buy from a store or through a salesperson they expect to pay substantially less. In a sense they would expect to save the sales commissions or profits that would normally go to a salesperson or store owner. Why should someone do all the work a salesperson would do and still pay the same price? For example, if the seller is trying to save five percent and the buyer is trying to save five percent, now they are 10 percent apart!
b) People who can't qualify to buy your home: These people will often approach FSBO's because they have had previous financial difficulties and would want the owner to hold a mortgage for them. While for the right person, this could be a profitable investment, most sellers need to pull as much equity out of the property as possible to be able to move on with their next home.
I ensure that only prospects who can qualify are introduced to your home. This eliminates the hassle of "lookers", non-serious buyers and reduces the chance of strangers, whom may have activities in mind other than buying your house, to come.
4. Did you realize that any time a private seller is away from home, the home is off of the market? I guarantee that someone will always be available to handle and follow up with inquiries during both peak hours and off-peak hours.
5. A seller selling privately can expect to put a minimum of 80 hours "work" into the project, without a guaranteed result. This doesn't account for out-of-pocket expenditures such as advertising, lawn signs, etc. Selling a home CAN be extremely stressful! I will take care of the details, from the first step of marketing to the final sale, so you can continue on with your life.
Did you know that when you choose to list your home with me, you are getting the most professional, most reliable Realtor in Cambridge? I provide state-of-the-art professional service to home sellers, just like you. In fact, choosing me will likely save you money. That's because your home will be priced correctly, you receive 24-hour advertising until it's sold, and you'll be placing your home before the most qualified potential buyers. Why settle for anything less than the best?
If you have considered selling your home on your own, I would love to sit down with you and discuss your decision,
WITH NO OBLIGATION, OF COURSE!!
Let me know if I can help!